Just Google it...

This is a crazy time of year...but I love it.  Love being able to see family around the holidays...Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I love being in their homes and having them in mine.  It's a time to turn our attention to inside our homes...because usually the weather dictates that.  I had one "last hurrah" ride yesterday in 65 degree weather.
What is my hair doing?

Today it's raining and cold.  No rides in my near future.  My home is almost completely decorated for Christmas.  I'm shifting gears to Thanksgiving, even if I won't be celebrating it in my home.  Last night, the stress of the season began to pile on.  And there was one small thing that just sent my stress-o-meter full tilt.  My icemaker broke.

A small problem really.  The freezer still works, so does the fridge.  Now that would be a big problem. But I wasn't expecting this one...I was expecting all the other "to do's" to get ready for next week.  

I decided to give it one valiant effort last night...I defrosted the freezer...thawing the icemaker, thinking it might be jammed.  This morning, after loading it back up and allowing the ice to freeze...it still won't "dump" the ice.  Hmf.  I thought...one more try...I googled it.  One post suggested the ice maker may need to be reset...so I flipped the fuse off for 5 minutes.  AND IT DUMPED ICE 5 MINUTES LATER!!!!

You know, you would have thought that all the other "to do's" on my list just got checked off just by the ice maker issue being resolved.  My girlfriend fixed her own washing machine by watching a video on You Tube.  We have so many resources at our fingertips that even 10 years ago we didn't have.  I am seriously going to age myself with this one, but the "In-ter-net" is my Sweet Fringe Benefit today. Google provided several options and within 10 minutes I was on my way to resolving my ice maker issue.  Done.

Outfit of the Day:  JCP grey ponte knit blazer, Converse (Target Brand) cream ruffle shell, Loft cinnamon cordoroys, Emaack Designs petrified wood statement necklace.  Love this blazer...it's like the navy one I've posted before.  It's soft, has lots of movement, and goes with everything.

Just a couple more pictures of what I did late yesterday.  The topper to my main tree...I went with burlap also.  I made two large bows and attached them to the top (front and back of the tree). Each bow had two tails that I wove in to the tree.

The picture on the right is just a vignette near my fireplace.  The sticks are red twig dogwood that I have in my yard.  I LOVE that bush...it has been the source of contention in my home though.  My husband has cut it to the ground the past several years being a over-zealous landscaper with pruners...in September...way too early for Christmas decorating.  Not this year...


Hope your weekends are wonderful!  Sweet Fringe Benefits...find 'em...

Nanette 

Comments

Popular Posts