What's an SFB?

Sweet Fringe Benefits.  What are they?  Well, first of all, they're personal.  They come from many different angles...sometimes very tender, sometimes a little silly, and other times far reaching trying to find something good about being 49 years old.  SFB's can resemble a gratitude journal, a thankimony, or a shout-out.  I've found SFB's that are specific to 49 year olds or appropriately universal.  I never want to appear arrogant, self-absorbed, or above-the-fray.  There are days when I've had to twist and wrangle an sfb out of a day filled with "nasty" side effects of this lovely age.  And then there are days like today, that I literally haven't had a second to sit down and begin the blog post until 9:45 pm. A Sweet Fringe Benefit is the positive side to my life...something that I haven't been real good at acknowledging in the past.  I'm trying to do better.

Today's sfb is not remembering how old I am...as in, "yes I'm 49, but why does that matter?"    I was consumed with setting up the Emaack Designs Trunk Show for tonight and tomorrow.  I spent at least 6 hours today with friends in my home...old friends and new friends...talking, laughing, shopping, fashion consulting, and remembering.  I didn't feel old...I didn't feel young...I just felt...felt loved, felt accepted, felt blessed.  I'd say that's a pretty good day.  

Why do I post a selfie everyday?  (Click here for first blog post)  A couple reasons.  I find that getting showered and dressed for each day improves my outlook and self-esteem. The pressure to post a picture pushes me to clean up, change out of my workout clothes, and continue the day.  I also enjoy fashion, and have been asked for style advice a lot over the years.  Figured there'd be folks out there that would like some of my ideas.  And why a selfie?  Well, I'm not doing a professional photo shoot everyday like you see on some fashion bloggers sites.  This is real.  I take the pictures myself, and carry on with my day.  And yes, I purposefully shoot downwards so I don't mind pictures of me on the internet day after day.  See...honesty.  You'll get that here.

Okay this picture is so distorted.  It looks like I'm a size 0! NOT!  I wear a size 10/12.  Just needed to confess that.

Outfit of the Day:  Loft navy herringbone knit blazer, J Crew Factory V-neck tshirt, black camisole, Joe Fresh (JC Penny) plaid corduroys, cheetah belt.  I picked out a pretty tiger eye necklace from the Trunk Show to "model"; it might be mine soon!  I really like how the brown in the necklace stands out compared to the navy and black in the outfit.

Looking forward to more friends stopping by tomorrow!

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts