Anxiously engaged...

Is it Wednesday already?  Sheesh...this is a crazy week!  We had company last weekend, friends for dinner Monday night, cooked for and served 35 missionaries lunch yesterday, hosting a Relief Society (women's group at church) social at my house tonight, and holding an Emaack Designs Trunk Show (my sister's jewelry that I wear all the time) at my house tomorrow night and Friday.  I'm not telling you this to brag...it relates to today's SFB.

When I started blogging, my days were so empty that I thought no one would notice if I had even got out of bed.  The last several weeks have been one event after another....and I've loved it.  A lot of it has had to do with my volunteer work at church, but it's also dinners, lunches or rides that I've been proactive in scheduling around my household obligations and daughter's schedule.  My feathers aren't ruffled.  Here it is, 4:50 pm, guests arrive at 7 pm, and I haven't made my contribution to the social yet. I had some help earlier today when my housekeeper came.  But anyone who has ever had a housekeeper knows that you have to do a lot of work before they can come clean! (Click here for blog post about Maricella.)  Todays Sweet Fringe Benefit of being 49 is a calm in the midst of the storm. Even with all these events, I've still managed 2 long rides this week...maybe that's what keeps me sane through it all.  I love being involved and busy.  No time for pity parties and "my give a d$mn is busted's".  Thank heavens.

Today's Outfit of the Day:  Halogen teal merino wool blazer/sweater, J Crew Factory blouse, Loft Modern Skinny navy corduroys, yellow belt, snake skin pumps, Emaack Designs Statement Necklace with extender.  The sweater is from last year's Anniversary Sale.  I've provided a link to one this year that is really pretty.  I love the sweaters that look like a blazer/jacket.  The tailored look is flattering, yet as comfortable as a regular sweater.

Whoever you are, whatever your talents, I think with age we just get better.  Not better than each other.  Not better than a 22 year old.  Just better than WE WERE when we were 22.  I believe this.  I hope you do too.

Nanette

PS.  If you live in Middle Tennessee, please stop by the Trunk Show tomorrow night or Friday.  If you'd like additional information, please post a comment.

Comments

Popular Posts