I got time for dat...

French Hot Chocolate
favor for our guests 
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
and Hummingbird Cake 
Burlap Mesh
Wreath
Click here for a link
to the Avery label site
to make your own labels.
Instead of printing on
stickers, I used a 2 inch
craft punch.

As promised, I am posting some pictures from the training brunch at my house Saturday morning.  Let's just say, I could never be a food blogger. The training brunch was massively successful.  Everything looked lovely, food tasted delicious, the setup of the tables and buffet was perfect. But...do I have a picture to show you? NO!  I took a few pictures early before the frantic cooking of the maple bacon and oven scrambled eggs...so you don't get the full effect of the buffet table.  When foodies post on their blogs about meals or parties, I swear they must have a party just for the pictures.  This just proves my point that it is not pinterest perfect...but it's real.  And I enjoyed every minute of the preparation and the event.


Today I made 13 corsages for the cheerleaders.  I wanted to do something special for their last football game.  I bought the ribbon and flowers this morning.  Sort of a last minute idea.  I love how they turned out.  Hope they do too!

My Sweet Fringe Benefit today is flexibility.  I loved being able to take the time to shop and make these corsages.  I also enjoyed a last minute birthday lunch with a friend.  I didn't have to find a sitter, or get anyone to drive carpool from preschool.  For some, 49 may not mean flexibility.  The absence of little ones may have been filled by a job or other commitments.    I'm not ruling out employment, but I know that I have more work to do here at home with my daughter. She needs me. She is entitled to my attention and service. I'm blessed to be able to have the flexibility that some parents don't.  I've enjoyed today.  Right here, right now. 

SFB's are personal.  We can find one every day.  Mine might not sync with yours.  The important notion is that you find one.  Every day.

Yesterday's outfit for church.  I love the Calvin Klein dresses that I find at TJ Maxx.  They are usually knit sheath dresses.  I bought this one a couple years ago.  I've paired it with a light mushroom colored pleather jacket...also from TJ Maxx from a couple years ago.  Emaack Designs Jasper necklace.  Grey Tights.  Black Suede Pumps.

Today's Outfit of the Day, my Banana Republic black and red pants, The Limited Gold metallic sweater, Loft Black Cardigan, zebra belt, Black Shooties, Emaack Designs Grey Pearl multi-strand necklace.  Yes, I do wear the same things twice...

Heading to the football game!

Nanette




Comments

Popular Posts