It's just lunch...

I'm trying to get out the door to meet my husband for lunch.  And today's sfb hit me...

For the last 10 years, my husband's office has been within 8 miles of our home.  When we lived in Boston, for one job he actually had a 90 minute commute...between walking, commuter rail, water shuttle, and walking some more.  In Atlanta, even though we were only 30 miles from downtown, his commute was a minimum of an hour no matter what time of day!  Since my daughter started Kindergarden, we have enjoyed lunch dates.  Today we are meeting for lunch and going shopping for Halloween costume accessories.  Even though this has been a Sweet Fringe Benefit of my stage of life for many years, I still enjoy it!  I look back on the years when he worked too far away, or there were too many littles to cart downtown and it makes me appreciate today even more.  I don't want to take this for granted.  Because some day, if it's a new job for me, or location for him...it may not be this easy.
My jeans are actually grey...not white as the picture appears. The jeans are from New York & Co. from a few years ago. Loft Sweater/Jacket and Loft fuscia blouse.  I'm wearing a zebra skinny belt, and my black Vince Camuto Shooties. Emaack Designs Crystal and Pyrite Necklace.

I love the black and white knarled texture of this Moto Sweater Jacket.  It's cotton...which in the south is a great material for almost every fall/winter day.  This jacket is a great neutral.  I'm sure I'll wear it with more muted fall colors, brights, blue denim and black.

When I have links to the Emaack Designs jewelry I wear, please note that these are similar to what I'm wearing, but never exactly the same.  Elizabeth Maack, my sister and the owner/designer, specializes in one-of-a-kind genuine stone and sterling silver creations.  She's pretty talented!


Gotta run to meet my date...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts