Phase, stage or age of life...It won't last long.

Last week at Puckett's.
I have a standing cycling date with a group of women every Tuesday.  We started a few weeks ago.  I am LOVING riding with these women that are strong, purposeful and talented and just AWESOME, on and off their bikes.  Last week we rode 20 miles, and took about a 30 minute break at one of my favorite haunts, Puckett's Grocery in Leipers' Fork.  When planning this week's ride, I wanted to push them a little further, on a little bit tougher course.  One gal was concerned how much time we would be out riding, and wanted to make sure it didn't take up too much of her day.  I gotta admit, I love a good pit stop.  Get a drink, a fig newton or "Go for the Gold" bar, refill my water bottle, take a breather, enjoy the scenery...you get the picture.  So today's route didn't have a pit stop....just a patch of shade to take a drink and a few Cliff Shot Blocks.  We had to keep moving. I was actually feeling a little guilty that I wanted to indulge in more time on my bike.  It's not real productive...but so enjoyable.  I ended up riding 2 more hours on my own, and as I was riding, I realized today's sfb.

Just because I'm 49 and have more time, flexibility, and less responsibility today, doesn't mean this stage or lifestyle will continue forever.  I know that my life is going to change.  I know I will find a job that is the right fit, or service opportunities will require more of me.  Heck, look at last week with putting on that dinner!  But what I am going to do, is enjoy today, when I can last minute decide to take a left and head out for a longer ride.  It's just making the most of today.  That's a sweet fringe benefit of my stage of life, don't know how long it'll last, but I'm living it today.

 I bought this linen blazer late last spring at Loft.  I love the orange print.  I must admit though...I've had a hard time figuring out what to wear with it.  The taupe t-shirt is a good neutral.  So I just stuck to the basics. This summer I wore it with a white skirt or white jeans, and now for fall, with traditional jeans.  I've paired it with another Emaack Designs necklace...but I don't remember the name of the stone.  The jeans are from Target MOSSIMO Fit 4.  It has a little extra in the rear and thighs.  So many stores have multiple fits in their jeans.  Don't get discouraged shopping for them...it's actually probably easier than it's ever been.  Just be prepared to try on a lot of pairs until you find the right fit.

I'm sure that if you think of exactly what is good about today, about whatever phase, stage, or age of life you are in, you will think of one.  I'm not a Pollyanna.  Seriously?  I've never been accused of having a positive mental attitude.  Maybe that's why I need this blog so much.

 I hope it's helping someone else as much as it is me...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts