How long does it take middle-aged women to hang a mirror...

I had one item on the agenda for today.  A friend of mine was coming over at 9:30 am to help me hang a mirror in my dining room.  We finished the job at 4:00 pm.  And had so much fun in the process!

I needed a picture wire to run between the two hooks on the mirror, so we took off to Home Depot.  It was just going to be a quick errand.  Well...we returned to my house at 1:30 pm!  My day reminded me of that book "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie...".  At Home Depot, I remembered that I wanted two more mums for my front steps...remember that post? (Click here for the link)  Well, Home Depot had the picture wire, but not the white mums that I wanted.  So Rosemarie said, "We can check out Lowe's on the way home...and oh, do you mind stopping by CVS to pick up some pictures?"  At Lowe's, we found the white mums for my front pots, AND Rosemarie found a beautiful Christmas decoration that took quite a bit of analysis trying to decide if it was just right or not.  By this time, we were ready for lunch. I suggested Publix, because they make delicious salads in their deli.  While we were in Publix, Rosemarie needed a few groceries.  While she was getting the groceries, the deli-man told me they were out of grilled chicken for their salads.  Since we wanted some protein in our salads, we decided to go to the Greek Cafe.  Oh boy...this was getting comical.  After a delicious lunch, we headed home.  Yes, I'm going to shorten this story just by saying the drill kept needing to be recharged, the studs weren't centered, the brackets mounted on the mirror broke, the screw eyes stripped...yikes.    Alas....it's beautiful.  I love it.  It's exactly what my dining room needed to finish the look.

My Sweet Fringe Benefit of today is two-fold.  First, I definitely couldn't have done this 15 years ago, when little ones were under foot.  If I had a project to do...it happened after 9 pm, and I'd stay up until the wee hours of the morning finishing it. My body just can't do that anymore. But it doesn't need to.  I have plenty of hours during the day when projects can spiral out of control and still get done before dinner time. The second sfb of today is having a delightful girlfriend to share the day with.  Putting who knows how many holes in my wall (sssshhhhhhhh...don't tell my husband), laughing along the way, and just enjoying our stage in life.  Yes, our conversation ran the gamut: how much we miss our sweet babies, the emotional events in our lives this year, hormones, faith, we covered it all, finding the sweet fringe benefits along the way.

Sorry about the poor quality picture of the Outfit of the Day! All items are from Loft last year.  Purple cordoroys, Grey/Mustard small polka dot blouse, Grey Sweatshirt Moto-Jacket.  This outfit was very comfortable...could have been wearing yoga pants if I didn't look down.  The jacket is literally like a sweatshirt...but in a cool motorcycle jacket design.  Being comfortable is not an excuse to stay in your yoga pants.

So glad that mirror is hung...have a great weekend!

Nanette

Comments

  1. I love your dining room! Love the colors and mix of furniture you use. I know my SFB is having an insightful sister helping me focus on the positive side of getting older. I look forward every day to your posts and of course for the fun fashion tips! Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What is the best Sweet Fringe Benefit of your age?

Popular Posts