Thank heavens I'm still 49...

Today is the first day of our school Fall Break.  My sfb is very simple.

Yes, I'm 49...and in a stage of life that is at times uncomfortable.  But I'm really glad I'm not 53. Because when I'm 53, Fall Break, in my life, will be no longer.  My daughter will be 18 and no longer have a Fall Break that needs to be worked in to my schedule.  Ugh...I don't want to think about it. Today's Sweet Fringe Benefit of MY age, is that I still have a child at home and in high school.  School Break...when life takes a step back, the alarms don't need to be set, no hollering upstairs "is your homework done?"  Fourty-nine may look very different for each of us.  I'm just trying to seek the positive, the sweet, from my age and stage.  You can too.


A pretty simple outfit today.  I love the colors in this JCrew Factory blouse.  Lightweight Loft chartreuse cardigan.  The Limited 917 Skinny jeans.  Emaack Designs Necklace.  There is not chartreuse (yellowy-green color) in my blouse, but I like the combination. It mimics the colors that I'm seeing outside. You don't have to match, the colors just needs to compliment.  Don't over think it.

Looking forward to a beautiful weekend with my husband and teenage daughter.  Such a blessing to have her...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts