Denial is my happy place...


Friday the 13th.  It hasn't been too bad...other than the $95 I had to spend for the garage door repairman to spend 5 minutes fixing the sensors...I'm not going to complain.  Anytime I call a repairman, if I can get out owing less than $100, I'm grateful.

I took a minute earlier today to breathe...kind of needed that...if you couldn't tell from yesterday's post. I was sitting on my couch staring aimlessly across the room, and my advent calendar caught my eye.  I hadn't been flipping it...somebody has, because it's on the 13th.  I made it probably 9 years ago. Looking at the picture for the 13th of December, of my three children, I remember thinking how grown up my 13 year old was, and the thought of us not being all together for Christmas never even crossed my mind.  Huh...I wonder what is ahead that hasn't even crossed my mind now?

I think ignorance really is bliss.  I mean, maybe if I realized how much I loved having everyone living under one roof, I might have enjoyed it more...but maybe not.  I think I did enjoy it.  I wouldn't have wanted to focus, or dread, the longing I'm feeling for my little ones.  Yup...I like ignorance...and denial. My picture advent calendar is my Sweet Fringe Benefit today.  I look at it and remember being in the thick of things...never even thinking it was ever going to end.





Outfit of the Day:  Loft black boiled wood jacket, Ann Taylor Silver Silk Charmeuse Blouse, Joe Fresh Blackwatch Plaid corduroys, snakeskin pumps, Emaack Designs Gray Pearl/Pyrite multi-strand necklace.  The pockets on the coat are bedazzled...kind of fun for the holidays.  I bought this coat at least 4 years ago on clearance.  I'm sure I didn't pay more than $30 for it.  Pretty soon, there'll be lots of sales and you can pick up classic pieces for next to nothing...then you can shop your closet for various holiday events you have next year!

I just have to say a couple things about the pictures on the 14th...aren't they adorable?  Ugh...it hurts my boys were so cute!  Harrison on the left got a tool bench for Christmas, and he threw on his safety goggles right away.  Matthew was trying on his "Space Jam" basketball uniform that my husband bought for he and Harrison.  He thought that was pretty awesome.  Such sweet memories.  I'm glad I thought those days would never end.  It would've been too painful to even function if I thought of how fleeting it was going to be....

Enjoy the moment...because in five years, we'll be looking back at this Christmas longingly...

Nanette


Comments

Post a Comment

What is the best Sweet Fringe Benefit of your age?

Popular Posts