What's a Stuffie?

We went to a birthday party tonight of one very special little girl.  I've been looking forward to it all day.  I'm going to call her Amy for privacy purposes.

Amy was born with Down's Syndrome.  I didn't know her mother when she was born.  I met her family when she was almost a year old.  But ever since then, her family has been a significant influence in mine and my family's lives.  How blessed I am to call them my friends.

Amy* is my Sweet Fringe Benefit today.  Nothing I write will describe the sheer joy that she brings to everyone that comes in contact with her.  And I might add, her family is the same way.  Spending time with this little girl, watching her interact with everyone around her, the hugs she gives, the smile, the love she shares...brings a perspective and an enlightenment to my earthly existence.  I know that her life has had it's share of adversities, and she will face more.  But she is bright, happy, compassionate, forgiving, joyful, grateful and just a delight.  I have never seen a little 8 year old read her birthday cards with such sincerity and intent.    I think she can be everyone's sfb...AND...I learned what a Stuffie is!

Outfit of the Day:  Joe Fresh Black Cardigan, Loft Outlet chambray shirt, Bisou Bisou (JC Penny) black/gold print jeans, black shooties, statement necklace.  I love these pants...bought them last year.  I've worn them this year with black riding boots, and today with my shooties.  Like I mentioned last week, especially at this time of year, I love pairing a "holiday, dressier item" with more casual pieces like a chambray shirt and cardigan.

I don't want to be cliche, but take the time to "smell the roses", or enjoy the christmas lights, or listen to a child read or frost the sugar cookies because you love to.  Watching Amy reminds me to find the joy in every little morsel of life.  To our friends, thank you for sharing her...

Nanette

*name changed for privacy purposes

Comments

Popular Posts