I am my mother's daughter...

My parents and I have spent the day settling in for the next couple of months.  My mom made a list of a few things she needs that she either forgot or needs in order to feel more at home here.  That's nothing different than what I do when I travel.  Inevitably, I forget something, and need to run to the store for a toothbrush, toothpaste, shower gel, hairspray...I suppose I'm my mother's daughter.  We are alike.

I don't feel 49 years old today.  I feel like a daughter instead of a mother.  I'm sitting at the computer while my mother is doing laundry...and that's my Sweet Fringe Benefit today. Hey...that's what my own daughter does to me, only she's on her phone instead of the computer.  I have very close friends whose Moms have passed away.  Their Mom's are still their Mom's, but they're not doing their laundry, and vacuuming their dining room today.  I'm feeling very blessed to have my Mom still with me allowing me to still be a daughter.  There will be times when these roles are switched as both of us age even more, but for today, right here right now, I'm a daughter.  

Outfit of the day:  All pieces from last year, Mossimo black and gold zip up cardigan, Loft olive green blouse, JCP pink corduroy pants, Banana Republic statement necklace and my Dansko clogs.  My good friend styled this outfit last year...so I went out and bought the same sweater.  I already had the blouse and pants.  I love putting outfits together...but I'm not afraid of buying the same thing my girlfriend did 1,000 miles away.  What's the saying?  Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.  She is the reason I post my outfit of the day anyway.  We enjoyed sharing style ideas with each other, so I thought you might like it as well.

Stay warm and safe on this stormy weekend...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts