Going to pay it forward...

I don't have to remind you that it's a busy time of year.  And especially on a Monday morning in December...people hit the ground RUNNING.  I was the same way this morning.  I was at the local FedEx Office store taking care of an errand for my missionary son in Brazil.  The woman at the copier next to me was making some very colorful copies.  I had to peek...and then...I had to ask.  She was making color copies of gift tags that she had hand painted.  I complimented her on how lovely they were, and that she was very creative.  We exchanged some niceties, and I went back to my business of figuring out how to copy, shrink and laminate something for my son.


As I collected my papers, I realized she had tucked two copies of her hand-painted tags in to my pile.  Such a kind gesture!  I walked back to her and told her thank-you, and that I love hand-made items.  We struck up a conversation about her painting hobby.  I learned that she didn't discover her interest AND talent until an injury permanently sidelined her from playing tennis in her middle 50's.  I LOVE THAT!

I love reminders that there are always Sweet Fringe Benefits of my age and EVERY age!  I know tennis is a very social sport.  Without a doubt, she found herself with a lot of extra time on her hands.  And she did something about it...she found a new interest, and in the process, a new talent, and now shares it with others giving her gift tags and cards to friends and family....and me!  What a Sweet Fringe Benefit to me...and to her.  We should always have the time for kindness and generosity...not just during the holiday season...but ESPECIALLY during this holiday season.  

My sister's birthday gift to me arrived today...my birthday is in July!  In her defense, she told me she had ordered it back in July and that it would be delivered after Thanksgiving.  I'm so excited...I've always admired her pewter nativity, and she bought me one!  Lovely right?  It was the finishing touch my bookcase needed.



Yesterday's Church Outfit:  Loft Black corduroy self-tie blazer, Gold Bisou-Bisou (JC Penny) blouse, Willi Smith (TJ Maxx) Gold Skirt, Black Dress Boots.  I left the blouse untucked underneath the jacket.  The jacket is belted so I thought it still looked tailored to go with my fancy gold skirt.















Outfit of the Day:  Pleather jacket, Loft Cinnamon cords, Loft berry-colored t-shirt, Banana Republic pink pullover sweater, Emaack Designs Brown Pearl multi-strand.

I'm going to keep my eyes open so I can make someone else's day!

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts