It's starting to get to me...

December 12th.  It's now less than two weeks before Christmas.  I think this is the most stressful couple of days of the entire season.  There's still enough time to think you can do EVERYTHING on your list, and in fact, I'm still adding to my "to do" list.  And as a result, I'm having really unhealthy negative feelings about "the most wonderful time of the year."  By the middle of next week, I will begin to cross off some of the "to do's" on my list...not because they're done, but because I'm realizing they're not going to get done.  I'm looking forward to that.

Being 49 years old, I've enjoyed many wonderful holiday seasons.  Most years we make gingerbread houses, every year we take a night out to drive around and look at the Christmas lights, some years we go to a cultural event, some years Santa Claus wraps the gifts in the stockings, some years the gifts are more exciting than others, but always, no matter the stress level involved, I love this holiday season.  So no matter how I'm feeling in the right here right now moment, as a stress-induced hot flash runs through my body, I know it's momentary, and it'll all turn out alright.  It always has. Christmas is celebrated, relationships are renewed, The Nativity Song is sung, and I am grateful for that Babe that was born in Bethlehem.  Past experience is my Sweet Fringe Benefit today...I'm counting on it.

Outfit of the Day:  Willi Smith Black/White Tweed blazer, black t-shirt, Banana Republic Red/Black Camden Fit Pants, Black Shooties, Emaack Designs bracelets.

Thank you to so many who commented on Facebook about my post yesterday.  It warmed my heart to know so many understand my feelings, and have experienced them.  I especially appreciated the comment from a "younger" follower, who's daughter was turning 2 yesterday, and she was heading to Chuck-e-cheese to celebrate.  Perhaps my words helped her enjoy the craziness of the moment, and know that it is over all too quickly.

Off to wrap one more present...

Nanette


Comments

Popular Posts