Free hugs...

I've enjoyed so many Sweet Fringe Benefits today...it's hard to pick just one. Some are recurring sfb's I've mentioned in other blog posts, like enjoying nieces and nephews in my home. Or having a married son and loving the new daughter-in-law. This Christmas is unlike any other we've celebrated. Son #2 won't be with us. My parents are here,  my brother and his family are here as well. Having company is such a blessing and a distraction from missing my son. All could be today's sfb. But they're not.

Today's sfb are the hugs that my adult married son has given me today, and the past several days.  I think one of my fears of growing older is having my relationship with my children change.  Will I like the new relationship?  Will it be "enough"?  I don't know if he is just taking pity on me, knowing that this is a joyful yet stressful time of year...whatever the reason, I'll take it.  I love that he can open his arms wide, motion with his hands to come here, and just give me a bear hug.  And he doesn't let go. I'm going to enjoy this Sweet Fringe Benefit of being a mother of an adult child that has returned to the nest for a short time.  I just love it.


Outfit of the day:  I forgot to take a selfie today...you know...I'm using that "it's the holidays" excuse...I just forgot.  So you can see my outfit in the family picture we took at the hockey game tonight.  Black riding boots, pink corduroy's, Old Navy black/white floral blouse, Loft Black/White Moto Sweater/Jacket, and my cute Grey knit hat I bought while I was in Massachusetts over Thanksgiving.

I'm signing off probably for the rest of the week, or at least for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Whether you are lacking in numbers this year, or have a houseful...there are sfb's to be found.  If you don't acknowledge them, it's too easy to wish for yester-year...when the children set cookies out for Santa, or when there were the fun surprises under the tree...but there are good...Sweet Fringe Benefits to be found in the right here right now.  You can do it.

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts