Sorry!

Ugh...I've failed my followers.  I didn't blog yesterday.  I thought I'd blog before I went to bed...but that was 12:30 am.  Honestly, I wasn't feeling any Sweet Fringe Benefit in that moment.  Ah, but a few hours of sleep does a world of good.  And I'm back.

I got together with a couple of girlfriends last night, and I asked them to indulge me with giving their own Sweet Fringe Benefit of their age, or of the right here right now.  I thought I'd pass a few of them along...because they were fantastic!  I also asked if they'd share their age...some did, some didn't.  And that's ok.  I feel inspired by gals of all ages.  I know it's just a number...but somehow, it does mean something to me.  If anything, I realized how blessed I am to have friends that span 7 decades!

Sweet Fringe Benefits....

"I never understood perspective when I was in my 20's.  Now that I'm in my 30's, I appreciate perspective and understand it more."

"My daughter has had a rough couple of years.  My Sweet Fringe Benefit is being able to not work outside the home so I can tend to her needs and support her full time."

"Well, my Sweet Fringe Benefit of being in my 40's is that last year I was able to celebrate my 47th birthday for a second time, because I thought I had turned 47 the previous year."  (Oh my goodness that was hysterical)

"I don't have to wipe my children's bottoms anymore.  Although, I do need to make sure the chlorox cleaning wipes are not next to the flushable sanitary wipes..."

"My children sleep through the night!"

"I've survived 2 open heart surgeries so I'm just happy to be here."

"Even though I have 3 step sons, next week I will  gain a son-in-law.  That's a sweet fringe benefit of my age for sure."

"My Sweet Fringe Benefit of being 20 is not having a mortgage and being able to eat anything I want." (ouch...but there's sfb's of all ages...and she still has exams to take...ha!)

"My oldest of three sons will be married next week.  My Sweet Fringe Benefit of being 52 years old is seeing my prayers answered.  I have prayed all of their lives that God would bless them with a woman of faith.  Praise be to God."

"The past month has been especially challenging.  My Sweet Fringe Benefit is knowing that it's all going to be okay.  It always has.  I have that perspective.  I'm going to be ok."

And my Sweet Fringe Benefit (sfb) today is picking up my son and his wife from the airport tonight.  I hate that he is 2000 miles away most of the year.  But for the next two weeks, he and my daughter-in-law will be with us.  I know I will appreciate the time and his delightful energizing personality even more now that we spend so little time together.  Having your children leave the nest is a nasty...even if it's what you raised them to do.  And having them return is one of the BEST sfb's of all.

Let's all find the Sweet Fringe Benefits of our lives.  Holidays are stressful...lots of expectations...take a breath, jot down a blessing, a tender mercy, a "happy", and appreciate the here and now.  We will be looking back on today...wishing we enjoyed it more.  Just as I am thinking of the Christmas Eve I finally got to bed at 2:00 am after stuffing the stockings and wrapping the last of the presents, all to have my 6 month old wake up crying and having to rock her back to sleep.  There are still treasured moments to be made.  That's my goal next week.

Outfit of the Day:  Well, you get three of them.  Yesterday's outfit was festive.  Joe Fresh ponte knit tuxedo pant, Black knit shell, Willi Smith textured jacket, Gianni Binni Silver Bedazzled strappy sandals, Rhinestone Statement necklace.  I actually saw an outfit on pinterest that was all black and a bling-bling statement necklace.  So I put my own version together. 

Today's outfit, JCrew Factory gray cardigan, Loft Cream blouse, Loft bowtie belt, Loft deep berry cords, Emaack Designs Tiger Eye necklace.  I went to church tonight so I just made a quick change out of the cords and put on my Loft camel pencil skirt and red snakeskin pumps.  I untucked the blouse and put the bowtie belt around it.  Quick change...very little effort.

Your sfb is there...look hard...and share it!

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts