Cookies for sale....

For a while my blog felt more like a "Cycling Weekly" blog.  Over the last few weeks, I feel like I could change the name to "Cheer Mom Central"...

As I told you, my daughter is now on two cheer teams representing her high school.  For her school cheer team, she is selling frozen cookie dough...it must be especially delicious because it isn't cheap.  (nod, nod, wink, wink)  So what do you do when you need to support your daughter in a fundraiser?  You drive her around to your old friends.  I had a fun evening.  We only stopped at three people's houses in 2 1/2 hours...not a good hourly fundraising rate.  We sat at kitchen tables catching up with their lives and their children's lives. 

Life goes too fast...everyone is too busy...including myself...to sit at a friend's kitchen table and catch up for no reason.  I usually need a lunch date or appointment to catch up with friends.  What a treat to catch folks at home and renew friendships.  Today, my daughter's cookie fundraiser is my Sweet Fringe Benefit.  I used to see some of these friends on a daily basis when I was younger...at football games, elementary school functions, baseball games, carpools...but that's a part of my life that doesn't intersect with theirs anymore. I think that's one of the harder things about getting older, and having older children...your children's lives stop being the source of your social life.  But those friendship are still there, and I'm grateful to at least have a lame reason to visit them.

Outfit of the Day:  Joe Fresh Black cardigan, Loft black blouse, Loft green geometric print shorts, Birkenstock black patent sandals, JCrew Factory statement necklace. 

Anyone else want to buy cookies?  I'll come visit at your kitchen table....

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts