No spiraling as a Grandmother...

I had to chuckle tonight as I stood in line at Costco waiting to order a Frozen Yogurt Berry Sundae to share with my husband.

Ahead of us in line was a mom and her two young teenage sons.  She was standing there, staring at the menu up above, as the boys were punching, wrestling, poking, and just goofing with each other.  Hats off to her.  They weren't doing any harm to each other or anyone around them.  And she let them.  No cross words, no evil eye. 

I'm afraid I wasn't that kind of mom.  When my boys would "be boys", I immediately spiraled to the thought that they would never be friends with each other, and would be estranged brothers by age 25.  I'm not proud of that.  Wish I wasn't that way.  Wish I had been more like that Mom in Costco tonight.


Maybe this is part of my Grandmother training...seeing children from a new vantage point.  I hope I'll be the Grandma that says "Oh, they're fine, don't worry", and "They can't hurt anything."  I'm keeping my eyes open to learn everything I can....my next job begins September 12th.  No spiraling as a grandmother.  Grandmother training...ya, that's today's Sweet Fringe Benefit.


Outfit of the Day:  Loft black jumpsuit, tan/black sandals, Emaack Designs tiger eye necklace.  I bought this jumpsuit for my island getaway trip last month.  I wore it to dinner one night and loved the casual feel of it on the island.  But I'm not sure about it here in Tennessee.  It's VERY comfortable.  So comfortable I hoped it didn't look like I was wearing my pajamas all day!  I did get several compliments from younger gals today.  The one downside to jumpsuits is the obvious....kind of a hassle in the bathroom, but the ease and comfort outweighed that.  I'm still wearing it at 9:00 tonight!  I had to take a separate picture of these shoes.  I bought them several years ago at TJ Maxx.  Cute right?

Grandmother training...I think I'm pretty clevah!  (My daughter hates when I laugh at my own jokes.)

Nanette


Comments

Popular Posts