Just turning 50...

One of my older brothers called me this morning.  We don't talk very often.  Actually, I don't talk to most of my siblings very often.  Being one of 7 children, spread out over 23 years, none of us are very involved with each other's lives on a daily basis.  My closest sibling in age in my sister, the jewelry designer. (emaackdesigns.com)  And I suppose, she is also the sibling I am the "closest" to.  I am not pointing any fingers...communication works both ways.  But I know I can reach out to any of them and they would be here for me.

My brother reads my blog.  How fun is that?  I have to admit, when he told me that he had read a recent post, I wondered if I had written anything that would embarrass myself.  He is older than me.  Which means, more experienced.  And probably wiser.  I respect people that are older than me.  I do hope that if I have older readers...they don't roll their eyes at some of my posts. 

This brother is 11 years older than me.  So, do the math....he has just entered a new decade himself.  And it's not my next decade.  He said, "60 is harder than 50.  50 was purely emotional.  60 is physical.  You feel your age at 60." 

Ugh.  I think I just got depressed.

You have to expect that today's Sweet Fringe Benefit is an older brother.  First of all, it always feels better to say someone is older than me.  (Ha!)  Second, maybe since he is a man, 60 is worse than 50?  Maybe?  And lastly, if it isn't, I'm still just turning 50, and I'm so much better with that than turning 60.  Yup, that's definitely an sfb.

Outfit of the day:  I pulled out the Loft black jumpsuit again.  This thing is so comfortable.  I did see a couple on the clearance rack at my local Loft, although I can't provide a link because it is sold out online.  My fantastic turquoise necklace is an EmaackDesigns, of course.

My brother learned to play the drums when he turned 50.  He is now the drummer and singer in a band.  I think that is so cool.  I don't have any aspirations to play the drums...but maybe, just maybe, James Taylor or Keith Urban would let me sing backup just for one night?

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts