Not rolling my eyes anymore...



I enjoyed another great ride today.  I love to be out on the road riding my bike.  That's not new news.  My second blog post was entitiled "A New Hobby" , explaining my cycling affinity in more detail.  Last fall I started riding with a couple girlfriends that were fairly new to the hobby as well.  We shoot for at least one ride together a week.  I think they're as addicted as I am.  A few weeks ago, as I was on my way to meet my riding buddies, I was overwhelmingly consumed with worry about my daughter, Algebra 1, teenage angst, my missionary son...let's just say it was a classic spiral.  Before we began our ride, I asked if they would pray with me.  I felt that not only did my children need our prayer, but I needed the prayer.  We all needed the prayer.  It has now become a tradition to pray before we head out.  We express our gratitude for our able bodies, the beautiful weather, ask for productivity to care for our families.  We pray that we will make good decisions and be safe on the ride.  I just love it.

When I was younger, I would have rolled my eyes if someone had suggested we say a prayer before a bike ride.  It's not a church activity.  It's not a formal event.  We don't sing the national anthem.  But as I'm getting older, my faith is getting stronger:  my faith in the power of prayer, the influence God has in my life, and the tangible ways the spirit can alter and make a difference every moment of my life.  I don't apologize for this.  And that's a Sweet Fringe Benefit of my age that I wish I had developed when I was younger.

Outfit of the Day:  JCrew Factory kelly green cardigan, JCrew Factory grey v-neck tshirt, JCrew floral pencil skirt.  All past seasons.  I love the pencil skirts at JCrew and JCrew factory.  It's easy dressing.

Love my riding buddies!

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts