OMG...Cheer Tryouts...

I had a crazy busy day today...lots of errands (aka shopping), chauffeuring, church-volunteer work, packages to mail, hemming a skirt for a friend, and I started switching over my closet to spring/summer.  Busy is good though.  Especially good on a day like today, tomorrow and the next day:  Cheerleading tryouts.

My daughter made the JV Competition Cheer squad for the high school.  That tryout was 2 weeks ago.  This week the tryout is for school cheer...when you actually cheer at a sporting event.  This is the more competitive tryout.  Emotions are high.  A few tears have been shed, and the words "suck" and "can't" have been uttered.  We should be on the upswing soon. 

I am 49 years old and I am on the roller coaster ride called cheer tryouts.  Dang, I wish I could just watch from the waiting area and eat an ice cream while my daughter goes on the ride.  But that's not how it goes.  I'm all in.  And I'm going to enjoy the ride, because it's a ride...soon enough, there won't be any more rides.  Do you get it?  For the right here right now, I'd rather be going through the emotions of it all than have her be too old to try out and gone from my home.  And so, cheer tryouts is my Sweet Fringe Benefit today.  REMIND ME I SAID THAT THURSDAY NIGHT WHEN THE LIST IS POSTED!

Outfit of the Day:  It felt like winter today.  Back to my pleather jacket that I wore quite a bit over the past 6 months.  JCrew Factory print jeans, Loft taupe ruffle front shell, Emaack Designs Statement necklace, Vince Camuto black shooties.

I'm going to get a lot done the next couple of days...

Nanette

Comments

  1. Wow! It seems that you really went all out to support your daughter’s cheerleading career. It’s really nice to see parents go all out in supporting their children’s dreams and goals in life. I do hope your daughter makes it to the school cheer team. :)

    Jennine Stalder @ UE Sports

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennine, thanks for your comment. She did make the JV school cheer squad. She is already practicing hard. I love watching my children from the sidelines...I just don't like Momma drama!

      Delete

Post a Comment

What is the best Sweet Fringe Benefit of your age?

Popular Posts