I'm not bipolar...I'm middle aged...

I kind of feel badly posting today...I just don't want all of my readers to be jealous, or feel badly, or think I'm a bragger.  But you know, I've got to recognize a great day, and the Sweet Fringe Benefits (sfbs) of being 49 years old when I can.  If you follow my blog close enough, you'll know that there is plenty of reality here.  Plenty of days when I have to talk myself in to an sfb.  Not today. 

I'm sitting on my porch on a late Monday afternoon enjoying this view.  My little friend from next door is visiting, check him out...

My daughter is at cheer practice...Oh...YES, she made the JV school cheer squad.  So we are on two teams...a JV competition team, and a JV school cheer team.  It will be a busy year...but...it's Monday afternoon, and I'm sitting enjoying the beautiful weather, the view, the quiet. 

When I was younger...and had fewer wrinkles and gray hair...Monday afternoons felt like the beginning of the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at Disney...and not in a good way.  A fresh batch of homework, school projects, a week ahead of practices and activities, as well as dinners to cook and my own "to do" list to conquer.  Life is just easier these days with only one child left at home.  I even have dinner cooking for tonight.  Every afternoon won't be like this.  Some days while she is at practice, I will stay in Cool Springs metropolis to run errands.  But for the right here right now, I'm loving this new schedule:  the quiet and freedom to have a complete thought.  My Monday Afternoon is my Sweet Fringe Benefit today, and I'm going to enjoy the memory of it for days to come. 

We had a small Easter Brunch yesterday morning.  I thought the table came out beautiful.  The alstroemeria flower is my favorite.  It lasts for weeks.  One of the "vases" is a Waterford Crystal goblet that I broke the match a couple years ago.  I painted a couple of terra cotta pots and made birds' nests in the top.  Two of the larger pots "birds' nests" actually started with Pottery Barn grapevine chargers I bought several years ago.  Nothing is glued down so I can use them again as chargers in the future.  I did steal the idea of the birds' nests on the pot from my girlfriend Kate.  I love a good idea that I can copy!  Check out the moss bunnies on sticks that I found at Pier 1.  Cute right?

I failed to take a picture of my Easter outfit yesterday.  I just took this selfie with my beautiful daughter.

Today's Outfit of the Day:  Talbots stone/khacki poplin blazer, Banana Republic navy/cream striped double layer t-shirt, Ann Taylor navy/cream floral pants, Tom's 'Sierra' linen wedges.  If the clothing item is highlighted, you can click on it and it'll bring you to a link to the item.  Not sure if I've ever explained that before.  FYI, both Loft and Ann Taylor are 50% off through midnight tonight, with free shipping.

I promise I'm not bipolar.  I'm just a middle-aged woman that has good days and bad days...and I find a sweet fringe benefit in every day....join me...it's pretty healthy.  Don't wish your life away thinking it'll be better when the kids are gone, or when you go back to work, or when you can sleep through the night...every age has sfbs...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts