Everything is all right...

Disclaimer:  I do not turn every conversation I have in to a blog post. 

I was discussing child rearing with a good friend of mine today.  She has younger children than I do...as a matter of fact, 10 years ago a cashier thought I was the grandmother to her children.  That hurt...

Anyway.  I don't profess to have all the answers.  Heck, I hardly have any answers.  I just have my experience.  Funny how easily you forget about the details of your life.  While she was sharing her frustrations, I had to think hard to recall my own frustrations with mothering when my children were the same age as hers.  I wanted to just tell her it'd all be all right.

Today's Sweet Fringe Benefit is a hard one...because I've spent a lot of time boo-hooing over my boys being adults...AND even my daughter being a teenager.  As much as I miss my threesome all at home, the angst of worrying about whether you are "enough" as a mother is just exhausting.  I don't know if I was "enough", I don't know if I did it right, but despite my failings and "therapy causing" comments,  I'm pretty proud of who my kids are.  Everything IS all right.  And that's a relieving sfb for me!

 I can say "don't spiral", "don't worry", "just relax and enjoy them".... but in reality, mothering does take plenty of heart.  Plenty of effort.  Plenty of caring.  I was never able to separate my spiral and worrying from loving and caring.  When I talked myself out of a spiral, usually it was through some irrational thought pattern like "It's your life...I don't care."  Ya, that didn't work so well.  Yes, probably good that I'm almost done child-rearing.

Outfit of the Day:  Loft jade cardigan, Loft purple blouse, Joe Fresh Black polka jeans, Emaack Designs genuine stone necklace.  I love these two jewel-tones together. 

Everything is all right...

Comments

Popular Posts