Bring It...

I can't believe I'm admitting to this...

I love the new TV show "Bring It" on TLC.  I know that it's a TV show...and good drama makes for good TV.  But I respect these mamas that sacrifice so much so their daughters have something positive to focus on in their life.  As much as the Dancing Doll "isms" make me chuckle, I think there's a life lesson to be learned from some of their mantras.

"We started this.  We goin' finish it."    "If you wanna win, you better bring it."  "When you lose like that, you get hungry."  "I think ya'll like it when I start screamin' like a fool."

What does this have to do with Sweet Fringe Benefits of being 49 years old?  The only thing I can think of is when I was 39, the only thing on the TV were sporting events, and movies that had sports themes, and reruns of The Office.  Now, my husband is the lone male.  Even the dog is female.  He usually excuses himself to his office upstairs...to watch a game.  Which leaves Maddy and I to watch Bring It, Dance Moms and Say Yes to the Dress.  I wonder what I'll watch when it's just my husband and I at home.  Ugh...I'm glad I still have my daughter at home.  I like the entertainment.

Outfit of the Day:  Loft cream paisley/lace print jeans, Banana Republic cherry blossom shell, Joe Fresh black cardigan, TJ Maxx Rhinestone statement necklace, Vince Camuto Wedges.  Do I look like a cheer mom?  I had a meeting tonight.

Maybe I'd be a better Dancing Doll mom than a cheer mom?  And if this post makes no sense at all...I think you'll enjoy it more if you watched an episode of Bring It.  Then you'd be chuckling too...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts