In a fog...

I lost my phone this morning for about 2 hours.

I was up at 5:15 am being quite productive.  As soon as I woke up, I unplugged my phone from the charger, checked my email and texts, and proceeded with my morning.  I dressed for my run.  Sorted laundry.  Began the first load.  By 5:45 am, I went looking for my phone, and it was gone.  My husband was on the road early, my daughter was heading out the door not feeling well.  Yes, I'm addicted to my phone.  But, I don't have a home phone so it's my only way to communicate with my family.  For the next 90 minutes, I looked as I cleaned out a few drawers in the bathroom and shelves in my closet thinking that maybe I had set it down or it had fallen.  I then cleaned out my purse.  When the washing machine stopped, I worried that maybe I'd find it in there.  Still no luck.  I made my bed.  I checked the trash.  All the while, I wasn't that panicked.  I just kept telling myself to keep cleaning, sorting and organizing and it'll turn up.  And then I opened my medicine cabinet to put my tweezers away...and there it was.  Ugh.  Why did I put my phone in the medicine cabinet?  I think I must have been in a fog when I brushed my teeth at 5:15 am and put my toothbrush away...and apparently my phone as well.

So, in keeping with finding something good out of my momentary lapse of memory (that would be defined as a "nasty" of my age), my bathroom and closet is in better shape than it was yesterday.  My purse is about 10 pounds lighter.  The bin with my belts doesn't look like a snake pit anymore.  Yup, I find Sweet Fringe Benefits even when the root of it is a nasty.  I also learned that I need to turn the volume on as soon as I wake up. 

Outfit of the Day:  JCrew Factory cream/navy polka dot blouse, JCrew Factory navy/yellow print pencil skirt, JCrew Factory statement necklace, Etienne Aigner brown patent leather sandals.  I found these shoes as I was cleaning up my closet.  I probably bought them over 5 years ago at TJ Maxx.  I haven't worn them in a couple of years...they feel like a new pair of shoes! I really like polka dots.  I don't know if they're on trend or not...but I find that they go with just about anything. 

I found my phone just in time to receive all the texts from my daughter of how miserable she felt.  I told her if she went to the nurse, they would call me and I could come get her.  Nope.  She's afraid of the nurse.  I guess she wasn't that sick afterall....

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts