Family and charity...

When I review the day, I think of the four things I did today...

1.  I went for a run in 22 degree weather.  Loved it.

2.  My mother and I participated in a service project to benefit Operation Smile, an organization that travels to South America to perform cleft palette surgeries at very low cost.  I stitched the beginnings of dolls that will be used to visualize to the children their before and after surgery smiles.



3.  I took my parents for a drive along one of my favorite roads in Tennessee.

4.  I attended the boy's freshmen basketball game to watch my daughter cheer.


Today's Sweet Fringe Benefit of being 49 years old is being able to participate in these "optional" activities today.  No one was requiring me to do any of them.  I've spent a lot of years in my life wishing I had a "job" to feel productive and worthwhile.  I'm kind of liking the productivity that I enjoyed today...all focused around family and charity.  My Dad, who travelled all over the world as a career, reminds me over and over again that what I do at home is more important than any career. And tonight I am acknowledging that.  

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home."  David O. McKay

Outfit of the Day:  Talbot's navy wool blazer, JCrew rhinestone embellished blue oxford, Mossimo flocked jeans, pink snakeskin belt, black riding boots, Emaack Designs Statement necklace.

Hope I don't have to wait until I'm 89 years old to fully believe my Dad's advice...

Nanette


Comments

Popular Posts