Two snowdays down...eight left...

I live in Middle Tennessee.  We have been experiencing crazy cold weather that I have never seen since moving here 11 years ago.  School was cancelled today because it would have been 3 degrees at the bus stops this morning.  Yesterday would have been cancelled because of cold and ice, but that was the last day of Winter Break.  This afternoon, while watching my daughter cheer at a basketball game, I received another call from the infamous (not notorious) Carol Birdsong, saying that school would be delayed one hour tomorrow morning, giving the buses time to warm up sufficiently, and start in this ridiculous un-Tennessee like cold.  There was a look of relief and a little dismay among the parents, and glee among the students.  And then I realized how much my life has changed in the past 5 years.

Today's Sweet Fringe Benefit of being 49 years old is I don't have a feeling of overwhelming doom and disappointment when school is cancelled.  Now, there were times when I loved a good snow day, even with all three children at home.  Ya, I'd like it for about three hours...two hours was sleeping in, and one hour was watching them be excited and giddy over the snow.  The rest of the day was cleaning up hot chocolate, wet snow clothes...and usually a little mud, because Tennessee snowdays usually end quickly with muddy ground.  Now when there's a snowday, I only have my 14 year old at home.  One set of wet clothes, one mug for hot chocolate, and she's independent enough that school being cancelled doesn't mean my day is re-arranged.

Outfit of the Day:  Loft Navy Cords, JCrew Factory print blouse, Banana Republic green merino v-neck.  Black riding boots.  A little boring, but I love this bright green!

Ok...I miss those days of the kids pouring through our winter clothes box at 7 am to rush outside to catch the snow before it melted.  But...I don't miss the wet clothes times 3!

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts