Good enough...

I wouldn't consider myself a perfectionist.  But I do have fairly high standards that I adhere to when I do a project.  When I sew, my seams are straight and pressed flat.  When I scrapbook, my photos are mounted squarely.   When I redecorate a room, I keep working the accessories until they are "just right".  When I get showered and dressed for the day, I don't put yoga pants back on...I put an outfit on. Anyone who knows me personally will understand what I'm saying.  It's not that it's magazine-pinterest perfect...but perfect to my standards.  I don't know what's happening to me...but my latest project is far from even my definition of "perfect".  I think I should take a break from any projects right now.... my brain just doesn't seem to be working the way it usually does.

Madeleine and Grandma in front of her new "Fierce" valance.

My daughter asked for her room to be re-decorated for Christmas.  It has been a work in progress since then.  She didn't want anything fancy for her curtains...although she needs a valance that will go all the way to the ceiling, as she has a really funky half moon window that when not covered, allows light from a very bright streetlight in to her room.  So I suggested a cornice, and she liked the idea.  She picked out the teal brocade fabric, and I proceeded to make the cornice.  Ugh.

Thank heavens for friends.  My good friend Kate has been to my house several times helping me.  I made errors all along the way...I had to re-cut the foam multiple times, buy additional insulation board, additional fabric, plan B on the mounting...it's just been an ordeal.  I'm not going to tell you all my failures as it is finally hung tonight.  NO ONE is going to look at it too closely.  I might not even be able to look at it.  Hmmmmm....maybe the homemaking fairies will visit tonight.  (Click here for that explanation...)

I'm struggling here as you can tell.  So today's Sweet Fringe Benefit is that the cornice is hung.  It's done.  It's not perfect.  The environment in my home is a bit distracting, so I guess done is about as good as it gets.  Can I live with that?  I guess in the scheme of everything else that is going on...DONE is good enough.

Outfit of the Day:  JCrew Factory pink cardigan, Loft black/tan print blouse, A.N.A. (JC Penny Brand) black skinny jeans, Gold necklaces and bracelets.  My son on a mission gave the gold necklace with green accents last year for Christmas.  Made me think of him all day.

I almost didn't blog tonight.  I was soooo frustrated.  Again, glad I've made this commitment to be real, and in the process, I feel pretty good about my sfb..sometimes "done is good enough"...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts