I don't have time to get sick...

I think I have a bug.  I've not been feeling just right since last night at this time...(about 6:30 pm).  I actually went to bed last night thinking I had the full blown flu...chills, body aches, dull headache...I even commented to Doug that my eyes felt hot.  But I woke up this morning feeling pretty good.  My plan was to run today, so even though I wasn't 100%, I dressed warm and headed to the park.  I'm so glad I did!  I only ran 3 miles, and that was 4 min running/1 min walking pace.  (I call that a 4/1)  I ran a marathon 4 years ago using that strategy and felt great!  My calf/achilles is starting to feel better allowing me to work some runs in to my workout routines.  It just makes me so happy.

As I say in my profile and first blog post (click here), I love exercise "when it's over" and occasionally even enjoy it while I'm doing it.  Today was that day.  It was 19 degrees when I started running.  The sun wasn't very high in the sky so it felt every bit of 19 degrees.  The paths were still covered with a dusting of snow and ice in a few spots.  And for the 30 minutes I ran, I only saw one other person, which is quite unusual.  This is a very popular park.  Actually, after running about 10 minutes, my phone shut off because of the cold.  So no phone calls, no Pandora, no MapMyRun.

Today's Sweet Fringe Benefit was my run this morning.  As the snow crunched beneath my feet, and the sun flashed between the trees, I felt mentally renewed and invigorated.  I felt connected to every cold weather run I've had in the last 30 years.  It grounded me.  I am so grateful to be able to have this constant in my life...and even though I have a new hobby, cycling, (click here), my runs connect me to my past.  I couldn't say when I was 29 that I've been running for 30 years now could I?  That's impressive.

I still feel a little under the weather.  But I know from past experience how much I can push my body. This morning's run was more an emotional benefit than a physical one.  I'm so glad I went!

Today's Outfit of the Day:  JCP Camel cardigan, Converse Creme Shell, Faux (nice way of saying fake) cashmere plaid scarf, Banana Republic Camden Fit Blue Jacquard pants, Banana Republic Flats, Emaack Designs Necklace and bracelets.  Go check out Banana Republic in their stores.  Their sale racks are fantastic!  And some day's they have an additional 50% off the lowest marked down.  The pants cost me a whopping $10.49! I really should get paid for promoting them...although...they're not making any money off of $10 pants!

Looking forward to another run...and I'm not going to beat myself up that I can only run 3-4 miles.  My distance will increase eventually...gotta take care of that achilles and not over do it...and hope I don't get the flu...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts