Abby the Dog...

Abby Louise Dog Johnson

I have a 10 year old stupid mut of a dog...but I will admit, I love her.  She usually is not much trouble. But last night?  Oh man I don't know what her problem was.  She was whining and barking to go outside about every 45 minutes...and I was stupid enough to wait for her to come back in every time.  I let my husband take over that game about 1:30 am.  He was smarter than I was...he put her out, and went back to bed, leaving her to have a campout on our porch couch.  At 5 am when the alarm went off, I asked my husband if the dog was dead.  And I wasn't even upset!  I was so sleep deprived.  I just wanted to go back to sleep.  And so I did.  Now... I do need a husband that is AWESOME in order to do that.  He was home, not working out this morning, and was totally fine getting Maddy out the door and to her 6 am Bible Study.  I slept until 7:30 am.  Remember those days when it didn't matter how sleep deprived you were, you had to get up.  Whether the baby was crying, a toddler was trying to fix his cereal on his own with a FULL gallon of milk or you could hear your two year old talking to your 1 week old over the baby monitor waking him up and asking him if he wanted to get up?  Oh dear.  Ya, sweet tender memories...but bleary-eyed, zombie-like mornings were a plenty.

I have a friend that just turned 80 years old this past year (click here to read about her birthday lunch). She said she doesn't get out of bed until 9:00 or 9:30 am sometimes!  She sits in bed, reads the paper, and watches Good Morning America.  She told me that she got up early and stayed busy all day long for too many years.  She was enjoying her slow start mornings.  Good for her. right?  I don't think I will do that...I'd probably rather an extra hour of sleep than a morning news program...but...the sfb is the CHOICE.

I don't know how long I'll have a choice as to whether or not I can sleep in.  My daughter still depends on me or my husband to drive her to Seminary, and we are the alarm.  But for the right here right now, my husband hasn't been traveling, and I enjoyed every extra snore and dream I had this morning. Ugh...yes, I said snore.  With the sfb's, we also get the nasties, and I have been told I've been snoring. Yuck.





















Outfit of the Day:  Bagatelle Pleather Jacket (TJ Maxx), Joe Fresh hot pink ruffle blouse, Joe Fresh black polka dot jeans, Vince Camuto Shooties, Emaack Designs Statement Necklace.  I LOVE this hot pink blouse.  I bought it online on Black Friday for all of $13.  This brand is great.  They have some stand-alone stores, mainly in Canada.  I buy the brand at JCPenny.  They go promotional fairly often, so wait for the 30-40% off.  There are some beautiful bright colored cardigans and blouses in there now.  Click here for a link to check it out.

I suppose we always have a CHOICE in everything we do, but there are also consequences.  I wasn't putting any young children at risk by staying in bed this morning.  I'm taking that SFB when I can get it!

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts