"Any other good news?"

The pipes in my daughter's bathroom froze this morning. My husband's battery died in his beloved truck. My daughter still doesn't feel well. This weekend turned out very different than I had hoped. It's just been quite a week with plenty of emotion. The title of the blog post today is actually a text that my husband sent me this afternoon.  Ugh.

I'm talking myself in to this sfb tonight. But I'm reminding myself that there have been many days and weeks like this in my 49 years. And I have survived them. Pipes thaw. Batteries are "jumped" and replaced. New plans are made. Children feel better. Building on my confidence of past experience, I can do this. 

Outfit of the Day:  JCrew Factory yellow cardigan, Merona paisley blouse, Loft navy cords, Frye black lace-up boots, Emaack Designs statement necklace.

Hey, if my plans for this weekend hadn't been changed, I probably would have missed out on a great evening with friends.  (How's that Todd?)

Now I don't want all kinds of texts, comments and emails asking if I'm ok.  I'm fine.  I also have the perspective to know...it could get worse.  So I'm grateful it hasn't.

Have a great weekend...even if it takes Plan B, C, X, Y or Z to get to it.

Nanette

Comments

  1. Hey, nothing to see here folks. Move along. We got her back away from the ledge.

    We enjoyed the conversation tonight. You and "the Bishop" are great people. Have a good rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What is the best Sweet Fringe Benefit of your age?

Popular Posts