TGIM...

Thank Goodness It's Monday!  For most of the stay-at-home Mom's I know, Monday is the best day of the week...because the kids go back to school, the husband goes back to work, and the daily routine kicks in...and you can actually clean the kitchen and have it stay clean for more than 10 minutes.  For the last 4 months, Monday also means I am blogging again.  It is a perfect opportunity for me to reflect on my day...and the weekend, of the Sweet Fringe Benefits of my life at 49 years old.

For me, the last 6 weeks have been anything but routine.  Mondays don't mean laundry, tidy the house, hit the gym hard, and catch up on a show or two that I've DVR'd and enjoy the house to myself.  As you've noticed from my posts, my parents are visiting for the winter.  And I wouldn't be true to my commitment to honesty in my blogging if I said that it hasn't been a big deal or an adjustment. It's been a HUGE adjustment for all of us, including my parents.  So Mondays are...not what they used to be. And that's okay.  Because soon enough, my house will be quiet on Mondays, and I will be back in my routine.  I'm going to be grateful for the right here right now of today.


Today's Sweet Fringe Benefit is spending time with my parents.  My parents, that admittedly, I never thought would still be living the year I turned 50.  Neither of their parents lived this long.  I love listening to them talk adoringly to each other.  I love listening to my Dad, with tears in his eyes, tell me that the best thing he ever did in his life was to marry my mother.  I love listening to my mother's "oooohs & aaaahhs" over the pictures of the new great-grandbaby twins that were born pre-maturely.  I love listening to them each night read the scriptures together on my Dad's iPad after they retire to their room. I love taking my mother to have her hair and nails done, and I love that she cares.  (Yup, my 89 year old mother has acrylic nails!)  I love that my mother has agreed to work in the church nursery for two hours on Sunday for the next several weeks.  I love that I don't do dishes anymore...my Mom gets to them before I do.  I love the closeness that I feel to my siblings since my parents have been here.  They call often to check up on them and fill them in on the latest news and happenings.  I love watching my husband work in the yard with my mother.  I love that my mother wants to come watch my daughter cheer at her basketball games.  I love (and chuckle) that everytime we go to Costco, the first thing my Dad looks at is the candy.  I love having them here.  Period. Worth every adjustment it has taken.


Yesterday's Outfit of the Day:  Loft grey merino wool peplum sweater, Ann Taylor Black ponte/animal print skirt, Zebra skinny belt, Emaack Designs necklace and bracelets, Red snakeskin pumps.  You really should click on the skirt link.  It gives a much better picture of the print on the skirt.  I love it!















Outfit of the Day:  I'm not sure why I'm so in to black and white these days.  January I guess.  Joe Fresh ponte knit pants, Old Navy black/white floral blouse, Loft black/white cardigan/jacket...and the Hunter rain boots.  Rainy, dreary day.

Just a quick update on my Special Works in Progress for this quarter:  I continue to blog, and enjoy the process of finding a Sweet Fringe Benefit every weekday.  I haven't had a diet coke in two weeks, but I might this week.  I am keeping up to date on my daily inspirational reading from The Book of Mormon, a schedule I am following on instagram.  If you are interested in following along, search either "bofm365" (this will give a passage to read that you can then look up either on another app, or on a hard copy) or "bookofmormon365" (this will actually give you the verses assigned each day within instagram).  If you have no idea what I am talking about, click on the link above to read the blog post.

One thought from the weekend.  I am a work in progress. That's why I'm here on this earth.  To prove to my God that I have the faith in Him to change me.  To become more like Him.  And when I stumble, and feel like I can't change and do more, I turn to Him.  And he strengthens me.  This is a constant, a truth in my life.  I am forever grateful to my parents that taught me this from a very young age, and continue to do so now....yes, I see, I am truly blessed.

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts