Once again, my mother is right...

Short post tonight...because until an hour ago, I couldn't come up with a Sweet Fringe Benefit of being 49 years old today.  It's been a yucky difficult crappy challenging day.  Let's just say I felt the "nasties" of being 49 years old...the nasty that if I'm getting older, everyone else around me is too, and that's not always a good thing.

My 89 year old mother and I went to watch my daughter cheer at two basketball games tonight. OUCH!  Those benches are hard!  I got up several times to stretch my legs and my back...and she never did!  She wondered why I was so uncomfortable, and I slyly replied, "You know Mother, I'm going to be 50 this year."  And then she gave me my SFB for today.  She said, "50!  That's barely middle age.  You shouldn't have any aches and pains."  So I guess looking back for her, 50 was a pretty spry young age.  Heavens, she was chasing a 3-year old when she was 50!  Thanks Mom for helping me realize how young I SHOULD be...and feel.


















Outfit of the Day:  Loft burgandy cardigan, Loft Floral blouse, Loft cinnamon cords, Hunter rain boots, Emaack Designs Petrified Wood necklace.  I think my favorite part of the outfit are the cuffs that are just casually sticking out from underneath the sweater.  They are not perfectly even or folded back.

Tomorrow...yes, tomorrow will be better...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts