Irrational mother fear...

My daughter is sick.  Poor thing.  She was pretty mopey yesterday, went to bed early last night, and came down early this morning complaining of a nasty headache and upset stomach.  She still doesn't feel well tonight.  I want to quarantine her to her room.  I don't want to get sick...but more importantly, I don't want my parents to get sick.

So what sfb do I see in that?  Well, I guess the good thing is she's old enough to make it to the toilet if she "tosses her cookies?"  How about even though she was home not feeling well, I was still able to get to Bootcamp and run with a friend?  You can't do that with sick little ones at home.  One thing that hasn't changed with my age or the age of my children is the nagging worry in the back of my mind when they get sick that maybe this is "the big one. "  My luck has run out.  Maybe this isn't just a little virus...maybe it's leukemia.  Or diabetes.  Or a brain tumor.  I'm not naturally an optimist. So when my children are sick, I'm not always that compassionate because I just want them better so I can stop worrying that they're dying.  Can you believe I said that?  Ugh.  Deep dark secrets of a long time mother.

Outfit of the Day:  Not too impressive.  It's a look a lot of the younger girls wear that I watch walking out of the high school.  Probably not appropriate for a 49 year old.  But...I wasn't changing once I got dressed.  Although the robe did come on earlier than usual tonight.

Banana Republic denim shirt, Joe Fresh Black Ponte knit pants, Frye lace up boots, Banana Republic statement necklace (clearance!).

So you probably think I'm crazy now...just being honest...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts