Kick the door wide open...

I realized something during our dinner conversation tonight.  I am the same age that my mother-in-law was when I had my first child.  I remember her 50th birthday vividly.  It was a steamy, hot, humid June day.  We had a cookout at my house.  Matthew was about a month old...and a very colicky baby.  We took turns walking around the yard with him as he cried and cried during dinner.  And it was a covert celebration because she was NOT pleased about turning 50.  I love my mother-in-law (click here to read about our relationship).  I admire many of the personality traits that make her who she is...but I don't want a "covert" celebration for my 50th birthday.  Heck...I'm telling whoever wants to know all over social media that I'm turning 50 this year.

It stings a little to realize that I am at an age that I remember being so far away from,  yet it seems like yesterday celebrating my mother-in-law's birthday.  Yikes I got here quickly.  Today's Sweet Fringe Benefit is my generation's attitude about aging.  I think it's a little easier because people talk about it. We talk about everything!  That's why I'm blogging...because I'm putting it out there...the sweet and the nasty.  And talking about it always makes it a little easier to swallow.  Nothing about my 50th birthday will be covert.  Everyone will know my age...and I'm good with that.  Kick the door wide open...

Outfit of the Day:  CAbi blush colored boiled wool jacket, Loft blush blouse, Loft burgandy corduroys, snakeskin pumps.

Keep talking about it...the sweet and the nasty.  I promise, it helps...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts